Welcome to the IDF Lone Soldier Preparation & Israeli Mechina Integration Program
Get the Best of Both Worlds.... Yeshiva and IDF Preparation
Watch the video
Zoom Meeting This Sunday
Is Your Vision IDF Service, Torah Growth, and Hebrew Mastery?
Then this Zoom meeting is for you!
Can't make it? No worries...
Register anyway, we'll keep you informed about our upcoming meetings.
Join the Lone Soldier Pre IDF Program at Mechinat Keshet Yehuda
Join the Lone Soldier Pre IDF Program at Mechinat Keshet Yehuda, a 10-month immersive experience designed to prepare young Religious Jewish men from overseas for their service in the IDF. Our program addresses the unique challenges faced by lone soldiers, providing them with the tools and support needed to navigate the language, cultural, and religious differences they encounter.
Our comprehensive program offers a range of activities and experiences that include:
- Get the Best of Both Worlds.... Yeshiva and IDF Preparation. Combine the immersive experience of Yeshiva studies with comprehensive IDF preparation in our program, providing a unique opportunity to excel in both realms.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of the IDF and Hebrew Language Skills: Participants gain a deep understanding of the IDF, including units, operations, and the draft process. They also build their Hebrew language skills, ensuring total comprehension of all military commands.
- Leadership Development and Special Forces Preparation: We focus on developing leadership abilities and preparing participants for the rigorous tryouts (Gibushim) of Special Forces units in the IDF.
- Deepening Understanding of Torah and Jewish Values: Our program emphasizes the importance of Torah and Jewish values, equipping participants to be ambassadors for Israel on the public relations front.
- Social Support Network for Lone Soldiers: We foster a strong social network of friends and families, providing an amazing support system that assists participants before their enlistment, during their service, and even after their release.
- Ongoing Support During and After IDF Service: Our dedicated team helps participants with army processes, and their Rabbi is available to offer guidance and support throughout their IDF service. Additionally, they have the option to have an adoptive family for further support.
- Shabbat, Holiday, and Leave Accommodations: We ensure that participants always have a place to go for Shabbat, holidays, and leave, creating a warm and welcoming environment for them.
- Assistance with Living Arrangements: By the end of the program, participants know where they will be living, thanks to our collaboration with Garin Sabar, Lone Soldier Houses, and the option for them to rent a place together.
- Intensive Training and Education: Our program features intensive Hebrew lessons, combat fitness training, hand-to-hand combat training, simulated tryouts for elite units, land navigation training, survival week, trips to IDF bases, and lectures from Israel's esteemed military leaders and heroes.
- Trips around Israel for Connection to the Land: Participants get to know Israel through various trips, deepening their appreciation and connection to the land.
Our program's competitive advantage lies in our full 10-month Israeli Mechina experience, where participants are integrated into the Israeli student body.
This comprehensive integration is not typically offered in short-term programs, allowing participants to fully immerse themselves in Israeli society and build long-lasting relationships with their Israeli peers.
"I went from barely knowing Hebrew..."
"I went from barely knowing Hebrew and Israeli culture to some of my closest friends being Israelis and even doing full chevrutot in Hebrew. Most importantly, I arrived in Israel as a modern orthodox Jew from America that had a lot of doubts and didn't feel connected to religion. Baruch HaShem now, I'm a person who sees the truth and beauty in leading a Jewish life and taking the necessary steps to grow in religion".
~ Jeremy S, Keshet Grad, IDF Lone Soldier
Get Ready to Serve by Learning Torah and IDF Preparation Training
Be Trained in Leadership and Team Work
Become Mature Mentally and get Physically Fit for IDF Service and Life
Learn Hebrew or Improve it
Then Keshet is the place for you...
Will You Be One of Them?
Keshet Yehuda Pre-IDF Lone Soldier Program is an Israeli Pre-IDF Academy popularly known as the "Mechina".
We keep the ratio of English speakers to Hebrew speakers low, so you will learn and improve your Hebrew!
Also, by having a smaller group, you will get the attention you need to succeed in the program.
Plus, by living with Israelis, you will become more mature and motivated to do your best.
Our main secret is no secret at all... Torah is the key to success in life!
Avoid the Mistake of Thinking - I need to be a "Rambo" to get into a great unit.
It's not about how great of a shape you are in, or how tough you think you are. It's all about how mentally fit you are.
With serious Torah learning combined with physical training, you will no doubt be at the top of your game,
This is why our guys do so well in the IDF.
Rabbi Yitzchak David Grossman //
Chief Rabbi of Migdal HaEmek, founder and dean of Migdal Ohr educational institutions
Recipient of the Israel Prize and Presidential Medal of Distinction
"To join, strengthen and support Keshet Yehuda is a very big mitzvah."
Keshet Yehuda is taking students from all over the world, strengthening them in Torah and Mitzvot, to become true Bnei Torah IDF Soldiers. I can't begin to describe the beauty of this program and the mesirus nefesh of Rabbi Erez Levi and the Keshet Staff. To join, strengthen and support Keshet Yehuda is a very big mitzvah."
Mechinat Keshet Yehuda is one of the most outstanding Mechinot in Israel...
"Mechinat Keshet Yehuda is one of the most outstanding Mechinot in Israel and excels in training a cadre of combat soldiers, commanders, officers and regular soldiers that combine the Book and the Sword”
Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau // Former Chief Ashkenazi Rabbi of Israel
Everything they do is for the good of the State of Israel...
“We see the graduates of the academy in every combat unit, in all the elite army, navy and air force units and in command positions. Everything they do is for the good of the State of Israel.”
General Tal Russo // Former Chief of Southern Command, IDF
Young men that come to Keshet are looking for a fulfilling and meaningful program.
They want to make a difference for the Jewish Nation and themselves.
They want to grow.
Grow in Torah, Serve YOUR Nation, Make a Difference...
ACT NOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT...
"It is all because of Keshet, and I’ve never been happier...."
"Keshet was the start of my new life. It’s a place you can come to and start the next chapter of your life and be who you want to be. Everything we do here is amazing and you learn how to become an adult. If you were to tell me where I would be today, I would probably laugh at you. It is all because of Keshet and I’ve never been happier.
Past Student, Lone Soldier
"Everything they do is for the good of the State of Israel."
~ GENERAL TAL RUSSO // Former Chief of Southern Command, IDF
In case you want to know...What's the difference between and Pre-IDF Yeshiva and an American Yeshiva in Israel?
In A Pre-IDF Yeshiva, We don't just learn Torah, we live Torah... Torat Eretz Yisrael.
Interested in joining us?
Don't miss out on the once in a lifetime opportunity to be one of 15 Selected for the Keshet Program
You'll have the best year in your life!
Mechinat Keshet Yehuda IDF Preparation Yeshiva
Copyright 5783, Mechinat Keshet Yehuda